Official Album Cover:
1.Hangman: inspired by a poem by Chidiock Tichborne written on the eve of his execution, tells a story of having control over your own mind and soul no matter what is happening to you.
2. Take me down: is a story of desperation, with Momsen delivering such lyrics as “I spend all night and day / How much harder can I play? / You know I gave my life to rock and roll?” “It’s about wanting something so much you’d sell your soul for it,”
3. Back To The River is about the desire to get away from everything, to go where no one can reach you,
4. Wild City is influenced by being young and on your own in New York (“We wrote it while walking down Rivington Street on the Lower East Side,” Momsen says).
5. Oh My God is the most aggresive song in the album which Momsen describes as “self-confession right out of a journal. I think it speaks for itself.”
6. Who You Selling For testifies to music being a form of salvation and describes how the rest of the album reaches into all forms of rock and roll looking for:
7. The Answer
8. Prisoner is one of the heaviest song
9. Living In The Storm is also hard rock
10. The Walls Are Closing In is more of a gentler, more downtempo moment
11. Bedroom Window Is an accoustic ballad
12. The Devil’s Back is on of the longest and most diverse track The album
About the first song, Take me down:
- The song talks about “the crossroads”, the place in the Mississippi Delta often believed to have been the meeting place where musicians sold their soul to the devil in return for fame, fortune and greatness. (source - Loudwire)
- Taylor said she takes her inspiration for the song to Robert Johnson's song "crossroads" and to her own life
- The video is in the work and will also be inspired by Robert Johnson
- The song is available for purchase everywhere since July 15th
- The picture art was taken by Rob Fenn
- The laughs at the end are Janice Pendarvis'
About the album:
The album comes out october 21st
The album is called "Who you selling for"
No songs sound alike
There is 12 songs in the album
The album is completely done
Taylor wants to do videos for as many songs as possible and will co-direct all of them
There will maybe not be another single release but we will hear another track with the pre-sale
The pre-order for the album will be in september
The album will be available in bundles like Going to hell
The songs lenght might be longer than usual, one will last more than 10 minutes !
There will be additional features by guitarist Warren Haynes (Allman Brothers), guitarist Tommy Byrnes (Billy Joel), and keyboardist Andy Burton (Ian Hunter), as well as backing vocalists Janice Pendarvis (David Bowie), Jenny Douglas-Foote (P!nk), and Sophia Ramos (Rod Stewart)
Taylor will maybe play some guitar, which she didn’t do at all in Going to hell, but for their first album for the song “My Medicine”, and mabe some piano
Ben does not sing in the album
There will probably be acoustic versions of songs, new or old, just like in the deluxe version of “Going to hell”, however covers are highly improbable
The recording started on november 2nd 2015
All the songs are written by Taylor Momsen with the help of Ben Philips and they are edited and mixed in the studio by kato khandwala, just like the other 2 records It will be produced by Razor&Tie like Going to Hell
Jamie Perkins and Mark Damon arrived at the studio on november 10th to start recording full songs Jamie recorded a few parts with a broken arm
The bass and drums are recorded at the same time, before the voice and guitar
The recording stopped for the end of the tour and started back again on January 25th Right after they started the digital editing
The recording began at the Water Music studio but moved to the Sphere studio in LA for the final editing on April 2016
Pictures from the recording:
Thanks to the Amazing TaylorTheZombie!